Collectibles Appraising Certificate Program
Any of these courses can also be taken for personal enrichment...
To obtain theCertified Collectibles Appraisercertificate, students are required to complete the three collectibles courses, plus Appraising 1001 A and B.
A "must do" program for collectors, estate sellers and dealers.
CCA-1101 Collectibles I - Childhood Items
• This class explores collectibles from 19th century to the present.
• Learn how to date and rate items through understanding of the manufacturing techniques and learning about the marketplace.
• Learn about resources and references and how to spot reproductions. Learn to recognize the values in items frequently overlooked.
• Dolls, Teddy Bears, GI Joes, die cast cars, wind-up and battery operated trains and mdel kits, Disney and much more...
GEC-1102 Collectibles II - Downtown America
• This class explores collectibles from mid 19th century to the present.
• Identify and value collectibles based on age, condition, materials and manufacturing techniques.
• Learn what drives the prices, wherte to find resources, how to spot reproductions and basic appraisal tools.
• Lots of hands on samples including advertising, barber shop, old West, drug store items, police and fire memorabilia, movie, magazines, comic books, sports and much more...
GEC-1103 Collectibles III - Household Contents
• This course looks at household items: radios, TVs, books, fountain pens, tools, telephones, cigarette lighters and tons more...
• Learn to understand the marketplace, rate condition, techniques for dating, how to recognize reproductions and how to prepare an appraisal.
• Practical hands-on coursework, plus a review of the "world's best collectible."
The College for Appraisers has suspended our offerings for all classes reviewed and authorized by the State of California’s Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
We did in fact fail to file the forms required by the BPPE in both 2014 and 2015.
Clearly our failure as an institution.
We are in discussions with California Bureau of Public Postsecondary Education.
We are fully committed to addressing satisfactorily the issues (namely, our failure to file appropriate forms in 2014 and 2015 as well as fees/penalties that are likely to be determined as due) and expect that this process will be completed within 3 to 5 months.
We are, in fact, doing everything in our powers to navigate the bureaucracy and speed the process. In the meantime, we are suspending formal classes. Any student who has taken a class during the last 5 years are asked to kindly give us a call at College for Appraisers. 714-952-2727.
We intend to remedy our oversight/failure and assure all that we are fully committed to expanding our offerings.We apologize to any for any concern or inconvenience that this may cause.
At College for Appraisers we're Combining the newest research with proven teaching methodology, we're inspiring students to take control of their classroom experience. Western Online Academy provides a stepping stone for our students to reach the future they envision.
Every journey begins with a step. Now, you can take that step whenever you're ready with our new "Rolling Semester" program. Don't let calendars get in the way of your educational journey.
College for Appraisers
12301 Whittier Blvd Whittier CA 90602 US
Copyright College for Appraisers.
All Rights Reserved.