Textiles Appraising Program
This program provides in depth study of textiles through hands-on applications and coursework. Encounter the range of textiles from A to Z including composition, identification, techniques, dating and valuation.Lots of smaples...
Textile courses are taught byBelinda Belisle, long time lace maker, restorer and appraiser. She has studied and collected antique textiles for over 15 years. She is a member of Old Lace, Inc., Wearble Art Connection, Textile Museum Associates of Southern California and Textile and Costume Guild.
TEC-1501 Introduction to Textiles - Fiber to Fabric
• How to look at textiles,
• Fiber identification,
• Assessing condition,
• Handling vintage textiles,
• Cultural impact of textiles,
• Methods and ethics for appraising textiles,
• Introduction to word pictures and condition reports.
TEC-1502 Household Textiles
Learn how to identify, date and value household linens including quilts, tapestry, samplers, table linens, handwork and shawls.
TEC-1503 Antique and Vintage Fashions - Clothing, Accesories, 1860-1990
• Emphasis on clothing and accessories likely to be found in estate sales...
• Learn fashion decade by decade.
• Learn construction, embellishments, popular accessories.
• Social and cultural aspects of clothing.
TEC-1504 Textile Care, Conservation and Appraising
• Textile storage and conservation techniques including cleaning and preserving.
• A "Final" appraisal project is included in this course.
Every journey begins with a step. Now, you can take that step whenever you're ready with our new "Rolling Semester" program. Don't let calendars get in the way of your educational journey.
College for Appraisers
12301 Whittier Blvd Whittier CA 90602 US
Copyright College for Appraisers.
All Rights Reserved.
At College for Appraisers we're Combining the newest research with proven teaching methodology, we're inspiring students to take control of their classroom experience. Western Online Academy provides a stepping stone for our students to reach the future they envision.